Thursday, March 31, 2011

Adoption

I am staying up way too late looking at pictures of a new family. This family traveled to China to be united with their daughter. The beautiful faces of the new parents, the baby, friends and family has me overwhelmed with joy. It takes me back to the time we brought our daughter home. There were so many friends and family at the airport to greet us (at MIDNIGHT!! due to A long FLIGHT DELAY!! another story!) It was truly an experience of a lifetime. We had been through so much to get to that day. Years and years of heartache, disappointment, loss, grief, perserverance, joy..... ups and downs. No one could have ever made me believe adopting a child would be as wonderful an experience as delivering a child. But, it is.... completely is..... In some ways, it felt like we would "settle" for adoption, if we couldn't "have" children. Now, I know, it was all part of God's bigger plan. He makes all things beautiful. In HIS time. Each of my children came to us in very different ways but, I know, from a common beginning. Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment